Best free net make our life simple!

Personal Finances,Business,Blogs,internet,Recreation,Society.body health.and the oh so humdrum…

Monday, April 16, 2007

computer

I have some computer problems . We can’t use our desktop computer until a replacement part that we purchased online came in, so Chris and I have to share the laptop.
Well … we don’t have to share - not completely. We do have an old old computer upstairs. So I spent a few hours upstairs hooking that computer up to our network. It’s a very slow computer with very little memory.
The antivirus program on it had expired and I tried to download the free Norton Anti-virus that Rogers, my internet provider, supplies but to install it the computer needs to have 256k of memory, but our old computer only has 128 k … problems! So I downloaded a free one - AVG. Hope that’s an ok one. It took about 20 minutes to download on the old slow computer.
I actually did all this on Sunday. I left Chris to watch the downloads and install them - software is not his specialty. I set him up to download firefox too. We had never put firefox on that computer for some reason. Chris used to be a computer tech - great with working with computer hardware, but didn’t do much work with software. I’m the software person in the family. I’ll have to check later to see if he got it all installed and set up properly. He probably did … I hope he did anyway.
So for now Chris has the slow upstairs computer and I’ve got the laptop. I wonder how long he’ll put up with the old computer?
I’ve started to think that if we get the other desktop working properly maybe we’ll move it upstairs, get rid of the old useless computer, and maybe get a new laptop?
Trouble is - I really like doing my graphics work on my desktop. The monitor has a bigger screen and the colors look so much better on my monitor than they do on the laptop screen. Maybe I could hook up the laptop to the nice monitor when I wanted to do graphics? I’ll have to check out that possibility … or maybe one of you might know if I can do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home