Best free net make our life simple!

Personal Finances,Business,Blogs,internet,Recreation,Society.body health.and the oh so humdrum…

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Rock Says...

Where is my god damn license plate??? I do not honestly believe that someone will steal my license plate. It's like stealing an orange or stealing the skin of the banana. Give it time give it time! So I recently got a black Honda Civic LX(power windows + aircon is all i need) thanks to a credit card & a LOAN from my boss. Yup, I wish I could have bought it myself, but I wasn't sure how much longer my car could last, and I really wanted to sell it asap. Amazingly, I managed to sell it the day after I bought the Civic - maybe I got cheated & sold it for xtra cheap? Probably eh...but I'm willing to give a discount to save me the hassle of more bargaining or what-not.

Oh...just checked yahoo for "DMV CA license plate wait" and I discovered it could take as long as 6 mths to get your license plates. Good to know!

Just finished watching another flamboyant episode of the office. The one where the accountant is gay and Michael makes a big deal out of it. It ends with Michael kissing the man, and then Dwight grabs the guy and puckers up too. WOW! The office is awesome comedy imo~ It's like reality tv but better! I've come to watch 2 things on tv nowadays - Friday Night Smackdown & The Office. Yup...nt really into tv now, although I wish I had CNN. Or Saturday morning cartoons to actually look forward to like Animaniacs, Ninja Turtles or Bugs Bunny.

Something that's been perplexing me for some time: I'm supposed to work 8 hrs. a day but I find that I only have around 6 chargeable hours every day. Where the hell did the remaining 2 hours go? Maybe I should stay longer or something. I bet the boss would lose her marbles if she happened upon my little scheme. Work is getting better though, not so tormenting. And time passes quite fast actually, i noticed. I do hope that John the mad junior manager makes his return from Indonesia soon...no one else is really capable of covering his work. Apparently John likes Tintin & 50 Cent. He's a good junior manager.

I've worked 1 tax season and almost a year at this office. Sure, it's small and quiet a lot of the time, but most importantly I am kind of disappointed my tax knowledge is not at a significantly higher level than when I started. At least I think so. I mean I still get paid every 2 weeks and it's nice to receive money....still, I hope I will develop into a true professional you know? Put your money where your mouth is...or something of that nature.

I think I've finally gotten used to basically being a loner somewhat. It's not like Singapore anymore where I will have ppl to hang out with and kill the time. I miss those ppl and I miss those days! Of course it sucks to not have any friends in such a faraway place like the US! Simply joining a church group would alleviate this problem, as I've seen, but I guess nothing will replace the camarederie of the ppl I knew back home. Alas~~~

People are still dying in Iraq. Dropping like flies, the spark extinguished from their bodies all in a matter of seconds. North Korea seems to have backed down from its tough-guy stance. The US is quickly losing its respect or admiration around the world, I feel. Even the USD doesn't command that much foreign currency anymore. It could be the result of forcefeeding popstars down our throats, and ppl are finally wising up to the ruse - white people are not necessarily better and they can speak well, but they have no idea what they are talking about. Even USA basketball is taking a beating man! What the shit...

Yup my good friend Sharon seems to be really down on herself lately. Searching for the meaning of life? I guess some ppl find meaning in appreciating the little things, enjoying nature, stepping on dog shit. Others like to pimp their rides and drive very very quickly by pressign on the gas pedal very very hardly. Woo! That's very gangsta my friend! Some ppl have pets. Some ppl like to have sex. Some ppl like to have sex with their pets - you never know! Ken Shamrock - the world's most dangerous man - finds meaning in fighting his Ulimate Fighting Championship bouts. It all depends what interests you I guess, and whether you are motivated to pursue those interests. I'm content with eating instant noodles for example.

But maybe I can infer deeper as to the source of your frustrations. You are aware of your consciousness and presence; however, you are not satisfied with just living and watching each sun set. You desire a sense of advancement or achievement in order to validate existing. Am i close at all? I'm eating Strawberry yogurt now by the way. Thick & Creamy Custard style --- let's hope it has not expired.

On a very lighter level, I too am sort of disenfranchised with Transformers collecting. It has lost its flair! No longer do I feel compelled to buy every new figure that's sighted. No longer do I bide my time waiting for the postman to deliver something I've ordered online or EBAY. I do not even plot to scalp new toys on EBAY anymore! Is this because I'm eating less and less KFC? I did order He Man Season 1 Vol 1 DVD just 3 or 4 days ago heheheh. I think i will try to attain some vintage toys like Starcom Parasites, Visionaries, and even Smurfs. Lego castles is another dream of mine but I think all these do not come cheap. >_< MMMM...definitely Ninja Turtles too. Just the old stuff. You kids can keep your Pokemon and what-have-you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home