Best free net make our life simple!

Personal Finances,Business,Blogs,internet,Recreation,Society.body health.and the oh so humdrum…

Monday, November 06, 2006

I’m scared....

I’m scared, people. I’ve never been this scared in my life.

Three weeks ago I was sitting on the bed after a rather pitiful night’s rest, when my wife came in to the room out of the shower. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me. I looked back at her, but said nothing.

“What is that?” she asked.

I didn’t know what she was talking about, and I told her so.

“Your shoulder… it’s swollen.”

She proceeded to point out an area on my left shoulder that indeed did seem a bit enlarged, and as it didn’t provide any discomfort or stiffness, I ignored it and went on with my day. Three weeks later, it hadn’t gone away.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and there’s some good news. It’s not a tumor; there was no blood flow through it. However, my doctor seems to think it could be pretty serious. Lymphoma (often associated with Hodgkin’s disease) he said more than once during the examination. He prescribed the typical Z-pack antibiotics (just in case there’s some sort of bodily infection that’s causing the swelling of the lymph nodes) even though he couldn’t find any sign of infection in my ear or throat, and sent me down to the lab to have some blood work done.

I’ve got five days of pills to take and the results of my blood work to wait on. After that, he’s referring me to another doctor.

I haven‘t slept in two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home